Hi! I’m Roxie. Everything you (n)ever wanted to know about me is below!
- I am 100% crazy cat lady! I am married with four indoor kitties, and one more in the garage. We also have neighbor kitties that frequently stop over for some attention and/or a snack whenever we are out on the patio. I LOVE meeting ALLLLLL the kitties!! #lifegoals
- I am a gearhead. I have a thing for supercars. Koenigsegg forever! I appreciate classic American Muscle. I also love Formula 1 (go Kimi!) and Drag Racing.
- I love to travel. Travel is really where my love of photography bloomed. Cross-country road trips are the best!! Our National Parks are all works of art and I am grateful to have visited many of them. Still some more United States to see, before tackling my very long international travel bucket list, including but certainly not limited to Italy, Germany, Austria, and The Netherlands (yes, I am Dutch and live in West Michigan, SHOCKING I know!).
- I’m sarcastic. I enjoy satire. I am an INTJ.
- I read, A LOT. Stephen King is far and away my favorite fiction author. Such a master of language!
- I am a listener. I listen to podcasts most weekdays. Top billing: Gary Vaynerchuk, Bill Burr, Adam Carolla, and just about any photography pod I can get my hands on. For music, I prefer hard rock and ‘90s rap, and will listen to just about anything but “new” country and auto-tuned awfulness without complaint! I am also a Zaniac.
- I am a total wino. Mostly whites, as so many reds unfortunately give me a headache! My palate is quite unrefined, and I am totally okay with that.
- I never met a cheese I didn’t like. Sometimes meals at our house consist only of a variety of cheeses, sausages and crackers. I absolutely love Aged Gouda, ideally 2 or more years.
- I still love Seinfeld. My husband and I have whole conversations sometimes just reliving a scene that fits so well into whatever happened during our work day.
- My cats own me. You can check out my purr-babies and their stories below!
THE MEOW IN MEOWTOGRAPHER:
Mr. Meowgi (aka Mister, Meowface, Meowbrain, Meowhead): Our senior kitty is 17 years young. Brother to Morris (RIP). In his younger days, Mr. Meow was extremely athletic and would jump super high to catch his mouse. Nowadays he is pretty content to find a patch of sun and laze around most of the time. He still likes to play, just a lot slower and lower than it used to be. He is a very outgoing kitty, and has no fear of strangers. He will show them around and is not afraid to ask for a pet or fourteen. He is constantly underfoot when not sleeping, never wanting to miss a piece of cheese that might fall on the floor, or an opportunity for a big stretch when we pick him up. He has some minor kidney issues and is on special food and supplement, but his last blood test showed not only stabilization but improvement! Such a relief. I cannot imagine this house without him!!